I believe that I have gained a variety of skills and information from this course that have benefitted me much on both a professional and educational level.
Final Reflection in the form of a video:
More Detailed Reflection about what I learned in the form of text:
In this course, I learned about a powerful tool that has the capacity to make us see the world radically different. It is a concept hidden in plain sight. Something everyone has heard of, many could explain, and some would claim to be experts at. But the reality is that the misconceptions about its true meaning and significance are huge. For that reason, the majority of people will never be able to take advantage of its full potential. However, if it gets truly seen and understood for what it is, it becomes like a pair of magic glasses that can completely change the way we approach all aspects of our lives. This tool isn’t anything mysterious or obscure, it’s simply “creative thinking”. Creativity is often associated with a type of personality structure, with artistic endeavors, and with certain professions and crafts. Some think of it as a waste of time, others as a foreign notion that has little to do with their interests or qualities. The truth is that the real importance behind this skill has been forever misunderstood, even by those who are familiar with it. That’s the reason why many people miss the chance to explore and develop this important function of their mind. I believe that this class has truly made me understand how to be creative and think outside of the box. I learned the creativity isn’t a personality trait, but it’s a skill that you need to practice in order to achieve what you want.
What I will use in my academic life:
As for my academic life, I learned how to use multiple new programs in this class. For instance, in the digital literacies pathways assignment I had to use multiple programs such as: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere Pro, Chrome song maker and many more. Being able to experience such programs in this class has really enhanced my digital literacies and skills and truly widened my knowledge. As a film student, I believe that chrome song maker and Adobe Premiere pro will definitely be the programs that I’ll use the most for editing in my next semester.
I’m not the most outgoing person, therefore I don’t normally go out of my way to interact and engage with classmates. However, in this class, Soliya really helped enhance my social skills. It really allowed me to communicate, relate to, and connect with other people. This is essential for establishing friendships and navigating my way through life with a better degree of satisfaction.
In my career:
Throughout this class, I have does multiple assignments which required photo and video editing which would help me a lot with my career as a filmmaker. Moreover, being able to talk to and ask questions to a filmmaker in the screening surveillance class was one of the most helpful classes throughout this semester. I was able to receive advice and tips and tricks of film making through a one on one conversation with Savi in a breakout room which seemed like a huge privilege to me.
If I were to show someone my learning in this course, I would use these three things that I created:
- I’d show them my final game as it was one of the things which I spent the most time on in this class. It was one of the most entertaining assignments which wasn’t only fun, but also helped us learn many knowledgeable information through our research.
2. I’d also show them my digital pathways assignment since I was very proud of all of my tinkering tasks. It would show them how broad this class is and the amount different information and fun assignment that you would do.
3. The final thing that I’d show them would be my ALTCV. This assignment was my first assignment so it was one of my favorites. It reflects my life in a fun way which normal CVs wouldn’t portray. I also believe that it’d be very beneficial for people with artistic majors.
If I could change 2-3 things about the course to improve it, I would change these things:
- Decreasing the amount of assignments given during Soliya as the soilya classes were very time consuming.
- Provide mini checkpoints for the digital literacy pathways assignment.
- Providing more time to work on the digital narrative game.
In one sentence: What kind of person should take this course?
I believe anyone could take this course if they’re interested in widening their mindset and broadening their horizon.